What to do if you drop liquid or water on your Mac
• Shut down your MacBook immediately.
• Unplug the MagSafe adaptor and, if possible, disconnect the battery connection to prevent further damage to the logic board.
• Turn your MacBook over so the screen is at the bottom, and put a paper towel or cloth between the screen and the top case.
• And please bring your MacBook to our local shop to save your device/data.
Water Damage MacBook devices require a full diagnostic to identify the affected parts. You can directly visit our store without an appointment.
Once the diagnostic process is completed by checking each part, a repair quote send to the user to turn the device back to working order. We charge £49.00 for the liquid-damaged device diagnostics. Should you wish to go ahead with the repair, this fee is reset to zero, and the quotation becomes active. The charge will stand if you don’t go ahead with the repair.
Water Damage MacBook requires the complete disassembly of the device and the removal and cleaning of all parts and connections to remove corrosion. In addition, the logic board may require repair, and some parts may require replacement.
MacBook spill damage is serious because it corrodes sensitive electronic components but is not unfixable. You should stop using it as soon as you get liquid in your MacBook! Turning it on will make it worse as this allows electricity to flow through shorted wet components, causing them to corrode. Even when the damage is this extensive, we can repair it, but it is best to minimize the damage so we have a higher likelihood of fixing your board in a reasonable timeframe.
We provide complete logic board repairs and replacements for water damaged MacBooks. At this point, we further investigate the logic board to determine the affected components and failed components replaced and re-solder. Once the repair is done for the system, post-repair diagnostics conduct on the device to complete the process.
We do not provide water damage maintenance service for iPhones. However, we can save your data out of your liquid damaged iPhone by Data Recovery service.
Things to know about some of the NAR services
– We offer free diagnostics to our customers, and most of the time, we try to provide solutions during the pre-diagnostic step (if possible) and solve the issues free of charge. We aim to offer high-quality solutions at affordable prices.
– We welcome walk-ins; there is no need to book an appointment before your visit. We provide services and support for MacBook, iPad, iPhone, iMac and other apple devices that we provide service during our working hours without any appointment free of charge.
– General cleaning of the devices is done during the repair process free of charge. In need, internal cleaning is also provided. The cleaning service is £ 39.00 on its own. However, it is provided free of charge besides any other services.
– The free diagnostic only does not include the liquid damage devices. The diagnostic fee for water damaged devices is £ 49.00. This fee is subject to zero if we undertake the repair.
– My iPhone doesn’t charge!!. Do not worry; charging problems are quite common issues on iPhones. The 95% reason for this issue is the dust accumulation on the charging port. We provide a cleaning service for the iPhone charging port free of charge to solve the charging case of the device. If you have an iPhone charging problem, feel free to visit us and get help.
How does it work?
You don’t need an appointment to get your Mac assessed, you can just walk in with your device during opening hours. We recommend bringing liquid-damaged devices urgently to prevent any further damage. Once the device is received, the device is fully checked, and the affected parts are determined. Then, a report of the fault and repair quotes are sent. We let you know how long your repair takes, time can vary depending on the work needed and how quickly the parts can be supplied.
We will start the repair once the user confirms the service. We aim to get your device back to you as soon as possible and keep you up-to-date throughout repair time.
Once the device is thoroughly tested after repair and ready for pickup, you will be notified by text and email. Then, you can arrange your visit to collect your device.
Problems we will fix on your water damaged MacBook
• Not turning on
• No light/image on the screen
• Not charging the battery
• Keys not working properly
• Trackpad not working properly.
• Many more…
Why choose Newton’s Apple Repair for Water damage MacBook repairs?
• We offer component-level motherboard repair.
• We try to repair what is broken without high-cost logic board replacement. Logic board replacement is the last option that we will recommend.
• We ultrasonically clean water damaged components.
• We guarantee our work for ninety days.
All our Liquid Damage Service is covered by a 3-month warranty on Mac devices we repaired. If your device has any issues post-repair, please don’t hesitate to come back to any Newton’s Apple Repair store for a free diagnosis. The warranty doesn’t cover accidental damage such as dropping and smashing a screen, water damage or if you repaired by another place repair outlets.
Get expert service for your Mac. Bouncing beachballs, question marks, cracked screens, non-working keyboards & trackpads and other issues.
Better performance? A Hard drive upgrade can make your old device fast as new.
No data, no charge basis recovery service. Have a free diagnostic for your faulty hard drives and dead Macs.
Please use the contact form to get an immediate quotation or any other queries.